Release Date: September 9, 2020
Similar to prior years, the 2020 Edition is the all-inclusive report with rankings of law firms, attorneys, companies and PTAB judges under different categories (Petitioner, Patent Owner, and Overall).
This year, for the first time, we have also dedicated a section to IPR cost and staffing.
The report covers 7,708 IPR cases for the last five years (from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2020).
We have analyzed close to 5,000 unique patents and around 80,000 unique claims challenged over the last five years, to come up with the Activity, Success, and Performance Scores for all attorneys, law firms and companies on the patent owner and petitioner sides. This includes a review of:
- 7708 IPR cases
- 4886 patents
- 79523 patent claims
- 915 law firms
- 4983 attorneys
- 2685 companies
- 202 judges
We have also made some adjustments to our models based on the survey we conducted and the feedback we received from the IP community. This includes an update to our ranking formula.
In addition, due to requests we received from our clients, we have expanded the Excel file to cover up to 1000 most active law firms, attorneys, and companies with all their stats and scores for the last five years.
Similar to last year, we will provide a Press Kit and the firms will be able to have a press release or publish the digital badges on their sites.
Note: If you are interested in all our Intelligence Reports including ITC, ANDA, IPR, Patent Prosecution and Patent Litigation, consider Patexia Concierge Program which also provides your organization with online access to various stats related to all IP firms and attorneys.
WHY SHOULD MY LAW FIRM PURCHASE THIS REPORT?
- Many law firms and attorneys struggle to distinguish themselves in the growing IPR space, so we evaluated close to 1,000 law firms and 5,000 attorneys on activity, success and performance, enabling attorneys and practice groups to market themselves based on independent third-party rankings and proven results.
- The report equips you with the right information to present to future clients and easily differentiate yourself from other firms or attorneys.
- If you are named in the report, it means you or your firm are among the top 1% - 10% in the respective category.
WHY SHOULD MY COMPANY PURCHASE THIS REPORT?
- Many companies struggle to find the right counsel when it comes to IPR. So we evaluated close to 1,000 law firms and 5,000 attorneys on activity, success and performance, enabling companies to choose based on independent third-party rankings and proven records.
- When you consider the budget for outside counsel, the hourly rates some of the top attorneys charge, and the value of your intellectual property, we feel that the statistics and analysis provided in this report can provide valuable insights and be a part of your decision-making process.
- The attorneys and firms named in the report represent the top 1% - 10% in their respective categories
Please click here for our overview of the IPR Intelligence Report from last year.