Release Date: August 28, 2020
Contact us to learn how to get this report for FREE
With an estimated $600 million to $800 million market per year, IPR has got the attention of many large firms in recent years. Firms such as Quinn Emanuel which ignored IPR in early years, are quickly moving to the top and have expanded their PTAB practice.
The 2019 Edition is the all-inclusive report with 100 unique law firms and attorneys ranked under different categories (Petitioner, Patent Owner, and Overall).
This year, the report covers all cases for the last five years (from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2019). This includes more than 8,100 IPR cases, which is slightly more than last year.
We have analyzed about 5,000 unique patents and more than 80,000 unique claims challenged over the last five years, to come up with the Performance Scores for all attorneys, law firms and companies on the patent owner and petitioner sides.
We have also made some adjustments to our models based on the valuable feedback we received from our community. This includes an update to our ranking formula. In the new ranking model, we have marked instituted cases as pending and the institution decision has no impact on the performance score till the final decision is made. This was decided based on the recent Supreme Court Decision: SAS Institute vs. Iancu. The Performance Scores are still calculated at both claim and case levels.
In addition, due to requests we received from our dear clients, we have decided to include an Excel file covering the first 500 attorneys, law firms and companies with all their stats and scores for the last five years.
Some interesting facts from this year’s report include the followings:
- In the last five years, 8,107 IPR challenges have been filed by various entities.
- More than 900 law firms have represented patent owners and petitioners. This includes over 5,000 attorneys.
Similar to last year, we will provide a Press Kit and the firms will be able to have a press release or publish the digital badges on their sites.
Note: If you are interested in all our Intelligence Reports including ITC, and Prosecution, consider Patexia Concierge Program which also provides your organization with online access to various stats related to all IP firms and attorneys.
WHY SHOULD MY LAW FIRM PURCHASE THIS REPORT?
- Many law firms and attorneys struggle to distinguish themselves in the rapidly growing IPR space, so we evaluated over 1,000 law firms and 6,000 attorneys on activity and performance, enabling attorneys and practice groups to market themselves based on independent third-party rankings and proven results.
- The report equips you with the right information to present to future clients and easily differentiate yourself from other firms or attorneys.
- If you are named in the report, it means you or your firm are among the top 1% - 5% in the respective category.
WHY SHOULD MY COMPANY PURCHASE THIS REPORT?
- Many companies struggle to find the right counsel when it comes to IPR. So we evaluated over 1,000 law firms and 6,000 attorneys on activity and performance, enabling companies to choose based on independent third-party rankings and proven records.
- When you consider the budget for outside counsel, the hourly rates some of the top attorneys charge, and the value of your intellectual property, we feel that the statistics and analysis provided in this report can provide valuable insights and be a part of your decision-making process.
- The attorneys and firms named in the report represent the top 1% - 5% in their respective categories
Please click here for our overview of the IPR Intelligence Report from last year (webinar).