This contest is closed.
3D Printing, or more formally Additive Manufacturing, has already begun to shake up the frontiers of what is possible in fields from manufacturing to art. Major companies including Amazon, Intel, GE, 3M and Hewlett-Packard are making their mark alongside companies specializing in 3D printing such as 3D Systems, Autodesk, and Stratasys. With he wide range of potential applications innovation in the field is being referred to as the 3D revolution.
Some 3D printing methods include:
- Binder Jetting
- Electron Beam Melting
- Fused Deposition Modeling
- Indirect Processes Laser Melting
- Laser Sintering
- Material Jetting
- Photopolymer Jetting
Please provide a response to the following prompt:
With the broad range of potential applications, which 3D Printing patent will be the most important in the next 10 years and why?
This is a Public (Open Voting) Contest that gives you, the subject matter expert, the chance to vote and submit your theory on the important topics of today.
The winner of the contest will be determined by a popular vote of all Patexia members. The winner will receive a gift from the team at Patexia.
Submissions are due on: Wednesday, February 4th, 2015
Voting closes on: Sunday, February 15th, 2015
Please make sure that your work is original, prepared by a single author, submitted in English, and has a maximum length of 1,500 words.
The Prize: The winner based on a community vote will receive their choice of a Patexia T-Shirt or a $25 Gift Certificate to Amazon.com. Runners up can request certificates of recognition from Patexia to demonstrate international business experience.
- All work must be original and prepared by a single author
- Maximum of one entry per person allowed
- Maximum length of 1,500 words
- Entries must be in English
- Ideas should be clearly expressed at a college-educated, non-expert level
- All submissions are subject to Patexia's contest legal terms
- Failure to follow these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest