- Type: Consulting
- Hours: Average 10 to 20 hours per week
- Duration: Minimum engagement term of three months.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Expertise: Blockchain technology, distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrency
- Location: US only
Patexia is seeking a technical expert with extensive hands-on experience in product development, engineering, or technology consulting relating to blockchain / distributed ledger technology and its potential business applications.
- Demonstrated domain expertise in blockchain / distributed ledger technology
- In depth knowledge of potential applications of the technology, particularly in financial services
- Named inventor on multiple U.S. patents or applications in related technology areas
- Creative thinker and proven innovator with strong technical writing skills
- Masters or PhD in a relevant technical field
Primary Work Activities
- Research trends in the relevant technology and patent environment to identify opportunities
- Work with the Client to select and prioritize areas of focus for generation of new ideas
- Generate new ideas related to potential uses of blockchain technology in financial services
- Expand upon and add technical depth to high-level ideas proposed by the Client
- Write invention disclosures detailing how selected ideas may be implemented technically
- Interact with patent counsel to support legal reviews of new invention disclosures created
- Majority of work conducted remotely and independently
- Periodic interactions with Client representatives to review status and discuss work product
- Possible collaborative ideation with Client personnel
- No requirements for onsite work, however, proximity to a client facility may be beneficial
Level and Duration of Engagement
- 10 to 20 hours per week
- Minimum engagement of three months with possibility of longer-term extension
The interaction and information exchange related to this Connect is subject to the Patexia platform agreement, including confidentiality and non-disclosure terms. By applying to this Connect, you agree to allow Patexia to disclose your contact information to its client for the purpose of this engagement. If selected for this client engagement, you will work directly with Patexia’s client under a separate agreement to be mutually agreed upon between you and the client. By applying for this Connect, you also agree that you are not encumbered by any agreements, including employment agreements and/or intellectual property agreements that will inhibit your ability to work for Patexia’s client in the aforementioned engagement. Finally, you agree that you are willing and able to engage with Patexia’s client for the purposes stated, including assignment rights of any work or inventions created under the agreement.
How to Apply
If you are interested, click “Apply Now” and include the following information with your entry.
- Relevant technical expertise
- Past consulting experience
- Potential conflicts of interest
- Desired hourly rate
We will review received applications with our client and inform you about the decision as soon as it’s made. More details cannot be shared at this point due to the confidential nature of the project.
For More Information
Please review our Connect 101 series.